Proudly serving families in the State of Oregon and the six counties of Southwest Washington
Stories of Courage
Each person who is battling ALS is a study in courage. The family and friends of people with ALS also are among the most courageous people in the world. They help their loved ones face each day with hope. Each person who is battling ALS has a unique story to share that will inspire others not to give up and to live life to the fullest.
The ALS Association proudly presents Stories of Courage, a look inside the lives of people with ALS who strive to achieve a good quality of life and make a difference in the world. The individuals described in the following stories decided to dedicate their energies in the pursuit of interests that benefitted themselves and the entire ALS community. If you would like to recommend someone you know as a candidate for Stories of Courage, please contact your local ALS Association Chapter.
- Rich Brooks: Journalist Parodies Family Life and ALS in Weekly Column
- Nick Scandone: Sailor Battling ALS Wins Gold Medal
- Lorri Coppola Proudly Carries Olympic Torch in San Francisco
- Edith Kravitz: ALS Doesn’t Stop Art Teacher from Educating and Inspiring
- Dee Chiplock: Speaking Up is Second Nature to Michigan Mom with ALS
- Catherine Royce: Buoyant Attitude Helps Writer Live with ALS