Proudly serving families in the State of Oregon and the six counties of Southwest Washington
Local Care Services for Oregon and SW Washington
Since its inception in 2002, our local chapter of The ALS Association is the central source for services and education for people with ALS, their families, caregivers, and health care professionals in all of Oregon and the six counties of SW Washington. The progression of ALS varies significantly from one person to another. Responding to each person’s individual needs, our local chapter is available to provide vital services and reliable information.
A sampling of services provided free of charge:
- One-on-one consultations to assess the needs of those living with ALS, suggest equipment and help families plan for the future.
- A Medical Equipment Loan Program that provides mobility equipment when insurance and other programs cannot fund needed items.
- A comprehensive Alternative Communication and Assistive Technology Program.
- Caregiver support groups, Share the Care™ guidance, and respite care grants to relieve stress and “caregiver burnout.”
- Monthly support groups for people with ALS, family members, caregivers and friends.
- Partnerships in ALS multidisciplinary clinics staffed by professionals with ALS expertise.
- Outreach to the local medical community with updates on current ALS needs and solutions.
The information provided on this website is only a small fraction of the resources, ideas, and support that we can offer and make available to you.
For all people living with ALS in Oregon and SW Washington, we hope that you contact us directly so that we can marshal our resources to support you as an individual. There is a strong community of people who care about those affected by ALS, are passionate about providing support and funding research, and want to offer help and hope.
You are not alone. Please contact us.