Local Care Services for Oregon and SW Washington
Since its inception in 2002, our local chapter of The ALS Association is the central source for services and education for people with ALS, their families, caregivers, and health care professionals in all of Oregon and the six counties of SW Washington. The progression of ALS varies significantly from one person to another. Responding to each person’s individual needs, our local chapter is available to provide vital services and reliable information through strategic community partnerships.
A sampling of services provided free of charge:
- On-staff Care Services Coordinators who offer individual support and home visits to assess needs, suggest equipment, connect with local resources and help families plan.
- ALS Association Certified Center of Excellence partnerships with Providence Brain & Spine Institute and the Portland VA Health System.
- ALS Association Clinic partnerships with OHSU, Kaiser Permanente, St. Charles Health System, The Center and Asante Health System.
- Medical Equipment Program in partnership with Numotion and Norco Medical to loan equipment to aid in daily living activities and with mobility.
- Augmentative Communication and Assistive Technology Program to support communication, access and technology needs.
- Chapter Grant Program that funds a myriad of reimbursable, ALS-related expenses such as respite care, counseling, co-pays for healthcare costs, home modifications, and more.
- Caregiver Support Program to provide family caregiver focused support groups, Care Connections guidance, and referrals.
- Monthly Support Group Program for people living with ALS, family members, and friends.
- Support and resources for children, in partnership with The Dougy Center, who have ALS in their families.
- Bereavement Support Program for family members and friends who have lost a loved one to ALS.
- Education and Outreach to health care professionals, home health care agencies and the community with updates on current ALS needs and solutions.
The information provided on this website is only a small fraction of the resources, ideas, and support that we can offer and make available to you.
For all people living with ALS in Oregon and SW Washington, we hope that you contact us directly so that we can marshal our resources to support you as an individual. There is a strong community of people who care about those affected by ALS, are passionate about providing support and funding research, and want to offer help and hope.
You are not alone.
We are here to help. Please contact us.
Care Services Director
Cassy Adams, MSW, LCSW Cassy.Adams@alsoregon.org or 503-238-5559 ext 100
Assistive Technology Services Coordinator
Amanda Mason, MS, CCC-SLP Amanda.Mason@alsoregon.org or 503-238-5559 ext 104
Care Services Coordinator
Susan Pennock, MSW, LCSW Susan.Pennock@alsoregon.org or 503-238-5559 ext 114
Regional Care Services - Willamette Valley
Mary Rebar, Mary.Rebar@alsoregon.org or 541-990-1246
Regional Care Services - Southern Oregon
Peyton Moore. OTR, MA, Peyton.Moore@alsoregon.org or 541-292-8775
Regional Care Services - Central Oregon
Christina Riddock, Christina.Riddock@alsoregon.org or 541-977-7502